Superbuddies.net is an ever-growing community of fans of all formats, from comics, animation, and films, to writers and artists. The site has developed into a place where people of varying talent can visit and are welcome to post their work with little stress, and perhaps, get some criticism for what is essentially a world-wide talent pool.
That being said, we do have a few rules and guidelines that should be followed…
The Registration Agreement Terms are what you agree to when you register an account:
While the administrators and moderators of this site will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to this site express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-explicit or pornographic, or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this site have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
Now on to the list… some of the following may cover information presented above, but with a little more detail:
1. Personal attacks on any members will not be tolerated. You’re smart enough to know how to post on an internet message board, then you’re smart enough to know when you’re needlessly being a jerk. Regardless of how established you are on the site or in the community, whether you’re a new member or a member from 4 years ago, posting a personal attack will get you a warning via email or personal message with a reminder of the rules. If it happens again, you’ll be banned from the site. Simple.
2. Although not everybody on this site is a working professional, we think it’s important to treat the board with a certain casual professionalism. Think before you post. Short of breaking rule 1, post as if you’re about to say it to someone’s face. A computer provides members with a lot of protection and anonymity, which is why it’s so easy to attack or insult other people on the internet. We’re all guilty of it. But think for a second and ask yourself if you would say what you’re about to post to that member in person. Tact is the order of the day.
3. The moderators/administrators have the right to edit, delete, or modify any post here if they feel the post is questionable. This is a privately-run site and, therefore, not a democracy. However, we will be open to discussion of the merits of any thread.
4. Fan-art posters, please remember to credit any images that you borrow from or base your art on. Some of the work on this site is based off of official model sheets, some of it is not. Please make an effort to credit any source material used, member or not.
5. We would like to keep the discussion areas family-friendly; however, the management cannot review every post. If there is objectionable material posted, please send a link to any of the staff and the matter will be reviewed. Should there be exceptions to this rule, those forums will be noted by a Mature Themes warning. Those easily offended or under the age of 18 should steer clear.
6. The management is not above approach. Please feel free to PM or e-mail any concerns/complaints/compliments and we will handle the matter as quickly as possible.
These are very simple rules and guidelines and you’ll find that with every post you’ll become part of a pretty cool web community. Try not to be discouraged if your first few posts don’t receive a lot of feedback. And remember, when someone gets good, constructive criticism, everyone can use that knowledge whether it’s about your work or not.
Also remember: nobody here is ever owed comment or critique. Post without expectations and post with the intent of sharing your work. But know that even asking for critique or comment doesn’t obligate anyone to do so. Most times the large membership here takes time to warm up to newer members. Don’t give up!
All work posted on this board is copyright their respective creators.
Thanks and welcome to Superbuddies.